top of page
Elderly OnTop
Spain flag

This programme is intended for people who have (professional) experience caring for elderly people, and who wish to practice and improve their level of English. Your experience may be in social work, nursing, occupational therapy, or any other vocation which involves caring for and assisting elderly people or people with special needs or disabilities.


As well as looking after the elderly person, the candidate must also be responsible for cleaning and organising the house, and for ensuring that the elderly person's everyday needs are met (e.g. preparing their food, taking them to the places that they need to go to)


The Companion must provide the elderly person and their families with a sense of security and comfort. They must be someone who, if a problem were to arise, they would be able to recognise the problem and act accordingly to help the elderly person.

  • Maintain the house in a clean and organised state, do the laundry and ironing etc

  • Cook meals for the elderly person

  • Accompany the elderly person to any medical appointments, or to the shops

  • Run errands, and do the weekly/ daily shop according to the person's needs

  • Look after any pets

  • Drive (if required by the elderly person, and only if a car is available which the Companion is insured on)

  • Give the elderly person a sense of safety and companionship, accompanying them on any outings and helping to guide them both inside and outside of the home

  • Take responsibility for remembering when medication must be taking, and how much medication must be taken

  • Be available during the night, should the elderly person require assistance (as agreed by both parties)

  • Must be 25-50 years old

  • In good health (a medical certificate must be provided)

  • Must be responsible, tolerant, caring, mature, and must have an open mind and a positive attitude

  • Experienced, capable, and devoted to caring for elderly people

  • Have at least a level A2 in English language

  • Non-smoker (with exceptions)

  • Available to work between 25 hours a week (part-time) and 60 hours a week (full-time)

  • Available for a minimum of six months to one year, with the possibility to extend the stay up to 2 years

  • No criminal record (a DBS check will be required)

  • Health cover, in case of illness, pregnancy, or an accident. If you are a citizen of the European Union you may be covered by the European Health Insurance Card (consult the appropriate organisation in your country of origin to find out more)

  • You will be totally immersed in the culture and language of your host country

  • You will have the chance to live within a family, and to learn about their culture and customs

  • You will live in your host country as a local, rather than a tourist just passing through

  • By immersing yourself in new and exciting situations, you will change and grow as a person

  • You will form strong friendships with people that you may not have had the chance to meet if you had stayed in your comfort zone

  • Enrollment in the British social security system

  • Between £250 and £450 pocket money per week

  • A private room in the house

  • Full-board 7 days a week

  • Free time to go to English language classes

  • At least one day off per week

  • For stays of 6 months or more, paid holiday time is available

  • A new family who will treat you as one of their own

  • The host family will come to meet you at the airport when you arrive


  • It's important to remember that the Elderly Companion Programme will require a great deal of effort, adaptation, and dedication to the family on the part of the Companion. The family will be available to help you to integrate in any way that they can, but you must work to gain their confidence and show that you can coexist happily with them.

Doc Elderly

Once you have filled in the  Register Form online, please send the following documentation to

  • At least two references which show your experience in caring for elderly people. These may include a written reference from the family of an elderly person that you have cared for, or a certificate of work experience in a care home. If you do not have two references, one may be substituted for a character reference

  • Photos of yourself in your natural surroundings with family and friends,plus one passport picture of yourself

  • A “Dear Family” letter, in which you describe yourself, and give information about your family, your career, your hobbies, and why you want to work as an Companion in the UK

  • A valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate if your home country is the UK, or the equivalent police records check from your country of origin, which should be dated no more than three months prior to the start date of your programme

  • Copies of your certificates of formal education, or of any courses you have completed which are relevant to the programme

  • A medical certificate, which should be dated no more than three months prior to the start date of your programme

  • A copy of your certificate showing that you are trained in First Aid, Nursing, or a similarly relevant course

  • A copy of your passport

  • A copy of your driving license

  • A deposit of 60€. This deposit will then be deducted from the full fees paid to the agency.

  • You will need to be covered by a civil liability insurance policy. If you are interested in the policy that is offered by our agency in the UK, let us know and we will give you more information. If not, you may look for a policy yourself and send us the certificate once everything has been arranged.


B-lingual Experience is an intermediary agency which will help you to prepare all of the necessary documentation, will present you with the host families that are available and looking for a person with a profile similar to yours, and will provide assistance for you both before and throughout the duration of the programme. The conditions of the contract will be agreed with the host family, and when you sign the contract you sign directly with the family, not with B-lingual Experience. If things do not work out with your host family, B-lingual Experience will be your point of contact, and we will do our best to offer you a change of family, according to our terms and conditions.


Elderly Español

Este programa está destinado a aquellas personas que tengan un perfil social y hayan tenido experiencia en el cuidado de personas mayores, en definitiva, que tengan vocación de ayuda y que quieran practicar y mejorar su inglés. Un programa orientado a trabajadores sociales, enfermeros, terapeutas ocupacionales y todo aquel que pueda demostrar su experiencia en el cuidado y asistencia a personas mayores o necesitadas.

Además de acompañar y atender a las personas mayores, también se encargan de mantener la casa limpia y ordenada y de cubrir sus necesidades del día a día (prepararles comidas, ir a la compra, llevarlos a los sitios que ellos necesiten). 

El asistente de personas mayores deberá proporcionar al anciano y a su familia, bienestar y seguridad. Debe ser una persona resolutiva que a la hora de tener que actuar en caso de problemas, sepa reconocer que está pasando y actuar en consecuencia y ayudar al anciano necesitado.

  • Mantener la vivienda limpia y ordenada, hacer colada, plancha, etc…

  • Cocinar

  • Acompañar al anciano a las citas con el médico o a las tiendas.

  • Hacer recados o la compra del día a día según sus necesidades.

  • Cuidar de sus mascotas

  • Conducir (según necesidad del anciano y siempre que le sea puesto a disposición un coche y este esté asegurado)

  • Proporcionarle una compañía segura que lo pueda acompañar en sus paseos y pueda guiarlo dentro y fuera de su vivienda.

  • Recordarle y llevar el control de la toma de medicamentos recetados por su médico.

  • Cuidado durante la noche si el anciano necesita asistencia. (según convenio entre las partes)

  • Edad: 25- 50 años

  • Gozar de buena salud y referenciarla a través de un certificado médico

  • Persona responsable, flexible y tolerante, cariñosa y comprometida y de mentalidad abierta, madura y con actitud positiva

  • Experiencia en el cuidado de ancianos. Habilidad y devoción en el cuidado de personas mayores

  • Nivel idiomático en inglés A2-B1

  • No fumador/a (con excepciones)

  • Disponibilidad para trabajar semanalmente desde 25 horas (tiempo parcial) hasta 60 horas (tiempo completo).

  • Disponibilidad mínima de 6 meses hasta 1 año (12 meses), pudiendo ampliarlo a 2 años

  • Ausencia de antecedentes penales. Deberá de aportar un certificado de antecedentes penales o CRB (Criminal Record Bureau)

  • Certificado médico que pruebe estado de salud y mental apto para trabajar con personas mayores.

  • En el caso de seguir alguna dieta especial indicar qué clase de dieta sigue

  • En el caso de tener alguna alergia o enfermedad indicar de qué clase es

  • Cobertura sanitaria en caso de enfermedad, maternidad o accidente. Como ciudadano europeo puede conseguir su cobertura por Seguridad Social mediante la obtención de la Tarjeta Sanitaria Europea. Consulta en el organismo oficial correspondiente de tu país

  • Inmersión total en la cultura y el idioma de un país

  • Convives en el seno de una familia y aprendes sus costumbres y gastronomía

  • Trabajas ayudando a las personas, que es lo que te gusta

  • Conoces un país desde el interior, como un lugareño y no como un turista que está de paso

  • Evolucionas como persona y abrirás tu mente. Vivirás situaciones diferentes y aprenderás a solucionar problemas por ti mismo

  • Harás buenos amigos, amigos para toda la vida

  • Al salir de tu área de confort, vivirás las amistades muy intensamente

  • Te moverás en un ambiente internacional

  • Contrato y alta en la Seguridad Social británica (by Health and Safety regulation)

  • Dinero de bolsillo entre £250- £450 a la semana

  • Habitación individual y de uso privado

  • Pensión completa 7 días a la semana

  • Tiempo para asistir a tus clases de inglés

  • Al menos 1 día libre a la semana

  • Vacaciones pagadas, para estancias de 6 meses o más

  • Ganarás una familia que te aceptará como a un miembro más de la familia

  • Recogida en el aeropuerto por la familia de acogida​

Es muy importante tener en cuenta que el programa Elderly Companion, implica un gran esfuerzo de adaptación y entrega a las necesidades de la familia, la cual está dispuesta a ayudar al participante en la integración siempre y cuando él/ella quiera ganarse su confianza y afecto mediante su trabajo y su grata convivencia.


Una vez te hayas registrado on line a través del Formulario de Registro, por favor, envíanos un email a con la siguiente documentación:

  • Al menos dos referencias que demuestren tu experiencia en el cuidado y asistencia a personas mayores. Por ejemplo, referencia emitida por los familiares del anciano asistido o certificado de prácticas en un geriátrico.

  • Referencia de carácter, en el caso de no tener 2 referencias de las anteriores.

  • Fotos: fotos tuyas en tu entorno y con tu familia + 1 foto de carné.

  • Carta de presentación: te darás a conocer hablando de ti, tu familia, tu trayectoria, tus hobbies y por qué quieres trabajar en Reino Unido como cuidador y asistente de personas mayores.

  • Certificado de antecedentes penales emitido en los tres meses anteriores a la fecha de salida al extranjero.

  • Certificado médico emitido en los tres meses anteriores a la fecha de salida al extranjero

  • Copias de certificados de estudios oficiales realizados.

  • Copia de certificado de cursos de primeros auxilios, enfermero o similares

  • Copia de tu DNI y pasaporte

  • Copia de carné de conducir.

  • Justificante del pago de 60 € como señal de “Encargo de Servicios”, que se descontarán de los honorarios de agencia

  • Como empleado, una vez que empiezas a trabajar, vas a necesitar estar cubierto por un seguro de responsabilidad civil. Si estás interesado en el seguro que nuestro colaborador en Reino Unido ofrece (Adult Care by Michel Morton) por favor háznoslo saber. De no ser así puedes buscar uno aquí en España.

B-lingual Experience es la agencia intermediaria que te ayudará a preparar toda la documentación necesaria y te asistirá antes y durante el programa, y te proporcionará las familias de acogida que en ese momento estén disponibles y buscando un candidato con un perfil como el tuyo. Pero será la familia de acogida en Reino Unido la que te contratará y con la que firmarás un contrato. Con ellos acordarás todas las condiciones del trabajo. Nosotros te acompañaremos durante la duración del programa y en el caso de no funcionar en esa familia te proporcionaremos un cambio de familia según los términos y condiciones de B-lingual Experience.


bottom of page